Interested in what you can expect when applying for a position with MVM? Here is a quick run-down of key need-to-know items:
1. First, there’s the application:
Go here to search for open positions. Apply to any position for which you qualify and is of interest to you.
Tip – To make your application stand out:
- Provide a detailed description of why you qualify for this position
- Describe the duties associated with your previous jobs, including key tasks performed
- Include dates for previous employment in MM/DD/YYYY – MM/DD/YYYY format
- Provide average number of hours worked per week for each of your previous jobs
2. Then, a qualifications review:
Once you submit your application, a member of our recruiting team will review your information to make sure you meet position qualifications. A recruiter may reach out to you to further assess your qualifications if necessary.
3.You’ll talk with a member of our management team:
You will be interviewed by a current MVM manager to ensure you have the competencies that are critical for successful job performance. Some key competencies that we look for in all employees include:
- Strong moral character and ethical behavior
- Sound judgment/decision-making skills
- Emotional maturity
- Interpersonal skills
- Cooperativeness/sensitivity to the needs of others
4. You may have to take a position-specific assessment:
Depending on the position for which you are being considered, you may have to undergo position-specific assessments during the hiring process, such as a language test or physical exam. If applicable, your recruiter will provide you with more details on any pre-hire assessments that may be required of you.
5. You will likely need a suitability determination or clearance as well:
As is typical for many Government contractors, a majority of MVM’s positions require our employees to obtain some type of security clearance prior to working on a contract. For this reason, applicants who make it to the final stages of the hiring process must undergo and successfully pass a background investigation as a condition of placement into these positions.
Please keep in mind – Security clearance screening takes an average of 3 months to complete, but the process can vary anywhere from 2 weeks to a year, depending on the level of security clearance required for the position and a variety of other factors. For example, if you have spent a significant amount of time overseas or have dual citizenship, the clearance process may take longer for you. For most positions requiring a clearance, an employee cannot start until a clearance has been received.
6. Finally, you’ll have to undergo a drug test:
MVM is a drug-free workplace; therefore, the last step in the hiring process for all potential new hires is a drug test. Once you’ve successfully passed the drug test, then you will officially become a member of the MVM team.